Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Fashion Decades. 1930s

I'm going to do this in three separate posts, just so it's not super long! I made a post a while back on Fashions of a Decade for 1960s, 70s, and 80s. Only that time I drew my favorites on a sheet of paper and scanned them. This time I just scanned them! Theres a lot of great pictures and fashion history in there. Here are some of my favorites...

Cover of Vogue, Fall 1939. Wearing a fox-fur jacket and "bird hat" by Elsa Schiaparelli


Sketches for an elegant chain store look. 1939. I love the tightly-belted waists and gathered sleeves, I have a couple of great shirts with gathered sleeves that I found at random thrift stores around my house.


1930s. I love the shape of this evening gown by Alix. I love the whole goddess look, I remember trying to find a prom dress like this but I couldn't! I was really dissapointed, I found a dress that was pretty similiar but still not the same.


Right, tunic and skirt by British couturier Captain Edward Molyneux, 1936. Left, Alix gown. 1937.


1932-1936.


Christian Dior. Mainbocher's collection of 1939. I like the color scheme of this, reminds me of the colorblocking Prada did for Spring/Summer 2011. I'm looking at pictures from the runway on my wall right now as I type this and I'm really not seeing any similiarities, but neverless it reminds me of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment