Monday, June 13, 2011

Rainy Day Music


The Books - Vogt Dig For Kloppervok

It's supposed to rain here all day until Thursday, so I guess that means I'll be inside until its nice out enough to take some pictures! Here's what I've been listening to all day today, The Books. Zammuto has described it as as collage music. "The Books' music usually consists of acoustic instrumentation of folk melodies usually played on guitarcellobanjo and more, combined with a diverse range of samples obtained from cassettes found in thrift stores, which are digitally processed and edited."

Really cool, huh? I love this band, and I have never really had any favorites when it came to music. Sure there's some artists that definitely stick out more than others, but there is just so many different artists out there that I love so it's hard to have a favorite. But when I listened to The Books I thought, this music is really calming, and beautiful. I've never heard music like this from anywhere else,  Aphex Twin and Black Moth Super Rainbow are pretty similar in music sound, and so is Sigur Rós but they all have different genres of music. 

Sigur Rós I just started listening to and that is some very beautiful music as well.



Sigur Rós - Starálfur


xoxo
KATIE

No comments:

Post a Comment