Thursday, August 12, 2010

Jewelry Book Pictures & Sketches (Part 2)


                         
 Remember this necklace?

Well, I finished one of the necklaces I was working on that was inspired by this one above. This falcon necklace was definitely one of my favorites and inspired me to create a whole lot of different types of falcon necklaces. So far, I've finished one.
So I designed it to be pretty flexible, and it kind of looks like snake skin. Which is what I was going for!

and here is another one I found online. Very beautiful!





Earrings of diamonds, emeralds, and pearls, from the album of jewelry drawings by Arnold Lulls. 1610

Above and below is a sketch from the jewelry book. (Above) The colors were so amazing, this picture really doesn't do the earrings justice.



"The pieces drew their inspiration from a diversity of historical sources, but it was the 18th century, with its garlands and bows, carved hardstones and coloured golds that was the most constant."

Another sketch. These sketches are SO old by the way. Its such a cool thing to see how people designed jewelry back in the 18th century.



Remember THIS? Its a bodice ornament.
and below is what it inspired me to create...


This consists of some cracked white marble-like material, red stones, gold dangly charms at the bottom, and gold designs all over the necklace, with some blue trim on the edge.



This necklace is more like what is being made today. It has a ribbon to tie around the neck, and black spikes dangling on the very bottom of the necklace. It was inspired by this hair piece I saw in my jewelry book.


still more to come!

xoxo




No comments:

Post a Comment